Sweet lavender and honey cupcakes, the best cupcakes and my favorite dessert. If you want a healthier version of cupcakes, you can make these lavender cupcakes healthier by using pastured eggs, grass-fed butter, and honey. Pastured eggs, and grass-fed butter are so much better for you than using factory caged eggs and vegetable oil.
If you want to try something different on your next birthday or even better, have them on your wedding party, these sweet lavender and honey cupcakes are sure to make a great impression. The soft lavender-coloured buttercream plus fresh lavender buds on top of the cupcakes make these lavender cupcakes a great addition to any celebration or weddings.
Besides, these lavender cupcakes are a much healthier version. Love honey and lavender? Why not try these sweet lavender and honey cupcakes?
I know you are going to love them!
Sweet lavender and honey cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
- Butter 120g
- Sugar 160g
- Honey 2 tsp
- Eggs 2 (use free range eggs if you prefer, they are much healthier)
- Self raising flour 200g
- Baking powder 1tspn
- Milk 2 tbsp
- Lavender buds 50g
Butter 120g butter
Icing sugar 200g
Vanilla extract 1 tsp
Milk 2 tbsp
Grape lavender food colouring (or any lavender purple colouring to match the colour you want to achieve)
Preheat oven 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, honey. Mix well.
- Sift flour and add in half the flour into the egg and honey mixture.
- Add milk, then pour in the other half of the flour.
- Gently add in the lavender buds and mix.
- Pour mixture into the cupcake cases.
Bake for 18-20 minutes. Get the lavender cupcakes out of the oven and place on wire racks and cool.
Melt butter, gradually add the sugar until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla extract, milk and lavender food colouring. Mix well till the desired colour is achieved.
Pipe the lavender buttercream onto the cupcakes using a piping bag. Complete the cupcakes with the lavender buds on top (optional).
- Lavender Wedding Cupcakes (cupcakepedia.wordpress.com)
- Black Tea Cupcakes With Honey Buttercream Frosting (romancingthebee.com)
- Matcha Cupcakes with Matcha Buttercream Frosting for Easter (cosybites.wordpress.com)
- Easter Cupcakes for Kids, Easter Egg Cupcakes (potterybarnkids.com)
- Dream cake recipes from EziBuy customers (ezibuy.co.nz)
- Gertrude Jekyll’s Honey and Lavender Tea Cakes (romancingthebee.com)
- French Toast + Bacon Cupcakes with Maple Buttercream Frosting//Jonathan (sageandsilver.com)
- The Bunny-Butt Cake (thewayfaringbaker.com)
- SMP at Home: Seasonal Cupcake and Cocktail Garnishes from Aisle Candy + KT Merry (stylemepretty.com)
- Spring Showers Bring May Flowers (sugarainbowbakery.com)